Thursday, 25 August 2011

My Fellow American

Elizabeth Potter at www.myfellowamerican.us recently sent me an email asking me to share a message of religious tolerance on my blog, and I'm happy to do so.  As anyone who reads my blog will be well aware, I'm no fan of organized authoritarian religions in general, but I feel that hate-mongering of any kind separates all of us rather than bringing us together - it limits insight, wisdom, compassion and open-mindedness, things that I work hard to cultivate and express on this blog.  Our world is filled with wonderful people of all religious descriptions, and also filled with not-so-wonderful people of all religious descriptions.  To spout hatred because  someone is a Muslim or Christian or Jew seems utterly lacking in wisdom to me, and is the worst kind of rhetoric, preying on peoples fears of religious difference or otherness.  With this in mind I invite you to watch the following video and to visit myfellowamerican.us



No comments:

Post a Comment