Tuesday, 15 May 2012

The Sub-Verses: Book Two: THE LUCIDITY INCANTO


My work on this blog is not just about aggression and empowered darkness, though that is a large part of it.  My work is also about lucidity and pattern-recognition.  It's about noticing the details and hidden connections that other people might not see or simply ignore.  Although much of my work here at Amid Night Suns is filtered through a dark aesthetic, I am a firm believer in the human spirit and the Light of human consciousness.  In my own small way I am working to add to this Light; to offer strength and playfulness and engagement to my kith and kin so that they may be raised up and awakened (or consistently reminded) to their own intrinsic power.

None of this work here at Amid Night Suns would be possible without the tireless efforts of Christopher Loring Knowles over on The Secret Sun.  Through the exceptionally high  level of his work regarding magic, spirituality and pop culture I have been inspired to offer my own insights and art.  I am attempting to take much of what is discussed on The Secret Sun and refract it through my own perceptual filters.  The goal is exploration, asking interesting questions; activity rather than passivity.  Fist and foremost it is the cultivation of Lucidity, offered in a fun, playful manner.  As an individual I do not take myself too seriously.  But I take the work that I do very seriously indeed.  I hope it is reflected in the quality of the videos and words that I offer on this blog.

I would define Lucidity as a sharpness and dexterity of mind, coupled with an appreciation of context.  It is a keen, hard-won awareness, a wakefulness.  And I think it is incredibly important in a culture that places such emphasis on profit margins, dumbing down and generally ensuring that the collective remains asleep.  We could view this cultural malaise as an infection.  Indeed, powerlessness and apathy is not our natural state.  In our natural state we would be immune to the trickery and disemboweling of art and culture that the elites foist on us and wish us to internalize.




There is an Innermost Sun that radiates at our center.  The mystics and alchemists of old were well aware of it.  You can never be truly severed from its Light.  The most that the elites can do is pretend it does not exist, and ridicule anyone who suggests otherwise.  They can only temporarily confuse our conscious connection to this Holy Star of the Magi, but sometimes that is enough to leave people feeling hollow.  Hollow individuals are easier to control.  But you are not hollow.  The Innermost Sun IS real, because YOU are real.  And this internal flame is EVERYTHING you are, were or ever will be.  It is the totality of your consciousness in its most powerful, exciting and dynamic expression.  I do not need to convince you of this.  You already know the truth of which I speak.  Whether it is viewed literally or figuratively (or both, as it truly is) the Innermost Sun is the reason why there is something rather than nothing; it is the reason why Love and Hope and Art exist.  It is the feedback loop of Raw Infinity, it is the essence of Life itself.  Some people call it God, some call it the Sublime...but it is immanent, dwelling at the Heart of All Things.  It is tender, compassionate and sometimes dangerous.  But it wants us to evolve, to prosper; to have knowledge and experience of things that the elites claim are reserved only for the gods.  But when we recognize the Light of the Innermost Sun, we become as gods.  And those who would oppress us tremble with fear.

1 comment:

  1. "We could view this cultural malaise as an infection. Indeed, powerlessness and apathy is not our natural state. In our natural state we would be immune to the trickery and disemboweling of art and culture that the elites foist on us and wish us to internalize..." The sleepers must awaken!

    ReplyDelete