Thursday, 2 August 2012

The Edge of the World



At Amid Night Suns I try to continually empower those that visit this blog, and I sometimes repeat things that I believe need repeating.  The concept of the Ragged Magi is such an idea.  This excerpt is taken from my post entitled This Little Secret:


My dreams tell me that among the human race are an ancient order of book-keepers and initiates who serve the Secret Truths; forms of magic that are more powerful than anything we usually dare to dream.  I call this ancient order the Ragged Magi.  This order does not merely protect these ancient magics - they also hunt and stalk the monsters, demons and old ones that travel in Psyche's Shadow. It is often a thankless task, and usually goes unseen.  But nonetheless, they are the protectors of the children, the lost, the weak or wounded, and sometimes they speak for those who have had their voices stolen from them by monsters and villains.  These dark, corrupting forces call themselves the Absence Brethren - they are part literal, part imaginal, and they are composed of psychic, social and economic elements, straddling many worlds.  But for every villain who thinks itself unseen there is a hero who sees it.  The Ragged Magi are such heroes...and signs and traces of them remain in our mythologies, fictions and fairytales.


I believe that this idea is now more important than ever before.  I hope the following video offers you food for your mind, heart and spirit.






It is my belief that humanity is now standing at an energetic crossroads; a place of mystical and spiritual significance - a place that has the potential to bring forth great Light or great Darkness.  Make no mistake, I stand firmly on the side of the Light, and will do everything in my power to help humanity make this transition successfully.  I am under no illusions however; I know that my work is only a drop in the ocean.  But every drop in that ocean IS the ocean.  Every positive intention, coupled with positive action, MUST count for something.

We are Ragged Magi, and we are standing at the Edge of the World.  We will fight for truth, creativity, adventure, love and passion.  The War of Imagination is here.  And know this - the oppressors of this little blue world have forgotten just how powerful we really are, and how deep our commitment is willing to go.

1 comment:

  1. "I try to continually empower those that visit this blog, and I sometimes repeat things that I believe need repeating." You are empowering people Raj, and a steady drumbeat is just a reminder that you are not going away! Those with ears to hear will hear, and join the party with abandon! Those who do not, will simply fall under the umbrella of your protection. You offer hope to the hopeless and ask no payment...Power to the Ragged Magi! "The protectors of the children, the lost, the weak or wounded, and sometimes they speak for those who have had their voices stolen from them by monsters and villains." I'm in.

    ReplyDelete