Sunday, 14 October 2012

A Night in the Life



Amid Night Suns has come to mean more to me than I ever could have imagined.  Not because I believe this blog is capable of changing things in major, dramatic ways - but because I've seen how my work has touched or affected people in small, subtle ways.  That is enough for me.  Furthermore, this blog is a place where I can at least TRY to make a small difference.  And that's integral; the trying, the attempt.  Choosing to ignore our cynicism and attempting to do good - to spread insight, creativity and inspiration - is an act of bravery as far as I'm concerned.  By putting our work and thoughts out there leaves us vulnerable to attack, but it simultaneously makes us stronger.  Because we are choosing to believe, choosing to put our money where are mouths are and walking the walk.  The life of a warrior is never easy, on the literal or imaginative battlefield, but we fight because at the end of the day we believe our values are worth fighting for.

At Night the Magi come alive...and we breathe divine fire.

7 comments:

  1. You're the best man! Just what I needed. The Magi are rising! The inner spark discovered, the holy flame reignited, the incantations spoken, the material illusion revealed. The Callous Ones cower in our shadow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your support of my work at the Deconstruction Zone and Anthropology Addict is so appreciated Raj! I don't even have the words man. Christopher Loring Knowles is owed the same platitude, and I know you both understand the magical, wonderful way this process is evolving me as a writer, thinker, and human being. "What started as a bored rainy day thing to do"...has become something that has gained a special status in my life.

    It's always awesome when you find diamonds in the rough like The Secret Sun and Amid Night Suns...but to to have been able to connect, network, support, communicate, inform, debate, influence, and entertain at the level possible with such assistance is the best gift this old soldier could hope for. I'm continually humbled and honored by the support I receive from both venues, and truly enjoy my interactions with friends from the group on the SS facebook page, etc. Freedom of The Press at its finest! This video is more of the same...damn it fires me up!

    The writing...so viscerally fundamental...I tend to over explain...I have my reasons ;) "choosing to ignore our cynicism and attempting to do good - to spread insight, creativity and inspiration - is an act of bravery as far as I'm concerned." I believe firmly Mr. Knowles shares this sentiment also, and it makes me soar inside when I have that experience from that perspective. I liken it to Gurdjieff's inner world struggle combined with the outer world struggle and how consciously suffering through such processes eventually imparts one with personal power. Your posts often resonate this paradoxical truth. Continuing to be grateful and impressed, Dave. Peace, Bro!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, Raj! Reading your musings and being apart of this is truly a great honor! I would like thank you for taking your time and piecing together such great works! The Ragged will live on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Raj, totally blown away! Awesome post and an even better video to push out your creativity and showing the world that there is hope, the Ragged Ones are here to spread light, inspiration,and equality; helping those who are weak, a voice for the voiceless.
    Thanks for putting us in your video, really cool to say the least! Keep up the excellent work at Amid Night Suns, my friend. I'll be tuning in regularly as always. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, thanks for the great comments, guys! I'm honored! I'm hoping my next few posts will be as inspirational for you guys. Much love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Right on man!I love the vids! Thanks for using my pic! I really appreciate the way you support Dave and his blogs! Thanks man! Keep up the fight!
    Cassi Davis

    ReplyDelete
  7. "A Night In The Life" that statement paints 1000 pictures, and each of those pictures says 1000 words, Thanks Raj your videos are beautiful and send a powerful message, a message that we should all listen to

    ReplyDelete