Thursday, 13 March 2014

The Resurrection Pages



"At times I almost dream
I too have spent a life the sages’ way,
And tread once more familiar paths. Perchance
I perished in an arrogant self-reliance
Ages ago; and in that act a prayer
For one more chance went up so earnest, so
Instinct with better light let in by death,
That life was blotted out — not so completely
But scattered wrecks enough of it remain,
Dim memories, as now, when once more seems
The goal in sight again."

                                    -- Paracelsus, Robert Browning


Amid Night Suns welcomes you once more, dear reader.  I have recently been questioning whether or not I wanted to continue writing content and editing videos for this blog.  This last month has been especially exhausting for me, but I have attempted as ever to stare my own personal demons in the eye.  I have tried not to shy away from insight and personal growth.  I often think of Amid Night Suns as 'The Blog at the End of the Universe', but everything I do here is done purely for the love of creativity and for the empowerment and spiritual uplift of my peers.  My intentions are pure with the work I do here.  Hopefully Amid Night Suns is a place that doesn't shy away from darkness and the shadow-aspect of our psyches, and can often find beauty in it, but which ultimately transforms that darkness and those shadows into lucidity and insight.  It is my hope that such Gnosis is a utility that is personally useful to you.  



This post will be brief, but the video I've included here is intended as a statement to the universe, as a manifesto, and ultimately as a magickal working. I sincerely hope that you, dear reader, can gain strength from it.  I have often found myself in darkness and doubt and fear, and I wish to help others out of such spaces if I can.  Which is why I am not giving up on creativity, or my loved ones, or Amid Night Suns. First and foremost though, I am choosing not to give up on me and you.


)

1 comment:

  1. This is officially my new favorite video! A superb feast for the eyes and mind! Really great stuff. Here's to new beginnings!!

    ReplyDelete