Wednesday, 14 December 2016

City of Aster



This year has been a knife-edge for me, and I’m still bleeding. I think many people can relate to this feeling. There have been moments during 2016 where I felt like I might be literally losing my mind, moments where I felt like I had to keep these new wounds closed through sheer force of will.  But I’m adapting to this new world I find myself in.  Although thresholds have clearly been crossed, collectively, although we’ve all been cast upon alien shores, I don’t believe we all came here from the same place.  We come from many different worlds, with many different perspectives, but we are all facing the unknown together now.  Everything is shifting and changing, even the Earth itself.  None of us – not even the psychics and visionaries and witches – have complete answers as to what lies ahead.  These are incredibly frightening and fertile times.

But what do I personally believe regarding this new world we find ourselves in?  I suppose I believe what I’ve always believed, that the veil is lifting. That the Light is slowly dawning, though now at a quickened pace. That might sound utterly ludicrous to many of you.  But it’s often darkest before dawn, as they say. Things may get darker before they get visibly brighter.  We are not out of the shadows yet, I think.  The War of Imagination rages on, as do the Magi who fight on the right side of that war.  But darkness and light are always strangely twinned within sentience. Knowledge of one invites awareness of the other.  I have been left stunned and reeling by what this year has brought me, but I have not lost my faith.  My faith is built on bedrock far stronger than anything the predator-elites and wraith-hordes can throw at me.  It’s comforting in a way, to be tested and to find yourself still standing, still radiating from the core of your star. 

We Magi are at work now, as we have always been.  I think you know what this work involves.  It involves the raising of a City of Living Fire; a fractal potentiality of magick, of creativity and compassion.  This place is crafted by artists and sorcerers who serve the true Aster of the Innermost.  There is no slavery in this holy place.  It is an imaginal realm we draw ever nearer through our workings.  It is a great working that can bend both time and space, a working far deeper and older than anything our oppressors can hope to imitate. Remember this, always.  You do not merely have the light and the spirit of this holy place within you.  You are this Light.  Call it down.     

City of Aster from Raj Sisodia on Vimeo.

2 comments:

  1. Such powerful writing that nurtures my heart! thank you, Raj

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really glad you made this. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete