Friday 20 September 2024

A Dream of Kings


 

Dreaming can hurt sometimes in this dystopian realm. It really can. Leading us away from our path rather than closer to it. Even warriors and kings can fall prey to a darker kind of dreaming. Doubt, fear and resentment. Kara, my love, I don’t want you to ever be held hostage by those thoughts and feelings. They can quickly become a nightmare. A private hell of personal pain. I know what it is to feel lost like that, my songstress. To feel utterly haunted. Like your inner world is nothing like the world of others. I’ve often felt like I was forced to live my early life in twilight, at the shadow’s edge, while all around me others got to walk openly in the sun. It hurts me to see anyone suffering like that, because I know the toll it can take. But it hurts most with those I love. So, princess, consider these words pre-emptive. A kiss from a guardian and friend. Our dreams are full of private imagery and metaphors. Part religion, part poetry. With enough insight these inner worlds of quiet grief can be grasped by those around us, but sometimes they simply don’t care enough to try. And I get it, of course. People are afraid of what they don’t understand. But some of us don’t have a choice. When we close our eyes we see strange stories unfold. Myths and legends truer than they know. Or we hear melodies and fragments of holy songs yet unsung. It hurts when a soul is gifted with this kind of vision and nobody cares to look. I struggled too with this when I was young. I didn’t want to frighten people with the things I’d seen. I didn’t want to push them away. So I hid my strange dreaming. I covered my eyes. Any form of clairsentience is unsettling to the small-minded. I’ve been called all sorts of names because I know things I shouldn’t. Deceiver, occultist, devil’s ilk. What hurts the most is that I was never any of those things. I was just a child trying to understand this gift. Or curse, as I often thought of it back then. A lonely little boy who could often peer into the unseen realms in ways that others couldn’t. I learned very quickly to keep my mouth shut. The funny thing is I had always believed in God. In love, kindness and courage. I still do. People like me have always been called sorcerers, magicians and witches. Throughout the ages we have been hunted, enslaved and burned by dark forces pretending to be paragons of light.  Yes, I know how to change certain things, how to warp the visible spectrum, but I am an artist first and foremost. A mystic and a poet. I have no interest in using such abilities to control anyone. Those vicious, unseen wraiths still hate me for trying to spread compassion and hope. Let me make myself absolutely clear. I do not traffic with the damned. Because I know how real a nightmare can become. You see, dreaming isn’t just a passive, frivolous thing we do whilst we sleep. It’s something we’re always doing. It is how we build the manifest, visible world. We walk amidst the fruits of our imagination, always. So, let us walk with faith and grace. I know you already grasp much of this, Kara. But your chevalier wants you to never forget. This is a war of dreaming. A War of Imagination. You have a great purpose in this spiritual battle, my beautiful keeper of song. You have friends and a genuine relationship with your Creator. Our Father. And, you have a sword if you want it. The shining sword of all ages. I was drowning, Kara. In rivers and lakes of despair. The worst times of my entire life. But then I heard you. I saw you. A vision beneath the water. You stayed with me and took my hand. You sang to me. And then you gifted me with divine fire, bringing me back from the brink. I will always love you for that, my angel. My Lady. We both know there is a greater king than all of us. Love is the language of that king, our Father. It’s how he dreamt us into being, and the world.  We are made in his image. So, dream well, my angel. Honour the gifts he gave you. I know you will. Don’t let anyone else define the breadth of your vision or your song.


No comments:

Post a Comment