Thursday 11 July 2024

Light the Way

 

Sometimes, Kara, I really do remember the future.  Laurels, light and laughter.  Glimpses hidden in stories and fairytale.  Occasionally I dream that future into existence even as I recall the hidden past.  But I'm happy to say I don't always dream alone, and not without a chorus.  Sometimes a friend will kindly grant me a verse, bridge or refrain.  And suddenly, like music, all things are possible.  I hope I’ve shown you that magic is real, Kara.  The truest kind of magic.  From the heart.  I hope I’ve demonstrated that love is always possible.  Even at a distance.  Real love.  The kind that truly sees and honours you.  The kind that shall always wish you well.  You found yourself at the gate of a thousand stars one night, didn’t you?  A dream, and yet so very real.  I was with you then, as those stars were rising all around like countless fireflies above glimmering waters.  A kiss between Heaven and Earth.  I’m so glad I got to share that moment in the reign with you.  So very glad.  I think of all the beautiful things we’ve since made of our intermingled dreaming.  Secret wings, and I would hope a quiet kind of friendship.  I have treasured it ever since, my river-flower.  The years have flown by, in prescience and precognition.  But I’m delighted with your progress.  So very proud of the girl who saved my life.  And you did, you know.  It’s not a conceit, my angel. It’s the truth.  You saved me.  I tell you often in these pages, but it bears repeating.  I was lost, wounded and raw.  I couldn’t bear to call Esme by her old name.  My Vahishta couldn’t help me in the depths of that particular agony.  I’d never felt more alone.  But you graced me, Kara.  With tenderness, patience and the depth of your insight.  I thank you for that, my darling.  It has been wonderful getting to know you like this. Getting to meet you face to face.  You are a unique and beautiful talent.  A special soul.  So, if I can play even the smallest part in delighting you, in fortifying you for the adventures ahead, then I shall do it with a song in my heart and a lantern in your sky.


No comments:

Post a Comment