Hello, my friends,
Welcome back to Amid Night Suns. I
hope you’re all keeping well. This is just quick post to share another
short story of mine. Or, perhaps more accurately, a short novella. I’m just trying to
hone my craft and explore writing from various perspectives. If you’ve followed
my blog for any length of time, you’ll know I adore storytelling and the
general art of fiction. You also might know I have a particular fondness for Victorian
and Edwardian literature, having studied it at university. This is a lengthier
piece, around 20,000 words, inspired by that fondness—and more specifically by
the work of Frances Hodgson Burnett. A British-American writer who wrote some
of the most beloved pieces of children’s fiction. Including A Little Princess
and The Secret Garden; two of my favourites. This piece of mine is
inspired by those stories that kept me so delighted as a child, and then fascinated
again as an adult. Please forgive any mistakes or typos I didn't catch. I wrote this
story for my friends, as a labour of love. For anyone who appreciates or
resonates with the work I try to do here. I had you in mind when writing it,
make no mistake. For courage, kindness, and adventure. You can read it here at The Night Sun, or download and it read at your leisure as a PDF. I hope you’re enjoying
your summer, as best you can. And I hope this tale entertains, inspires or uplifts
you.
All my love,
Raj

No comments:
Post a Comment